Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Family,

I`m so glad to hear that everyone is doing awesome. Tell dad and Beau that I`m just as excited as they are to hear everything about the basketball season and I better get all of the updates because I want to live through it with you guys!

O. K. So I had the coolest experience this week, well last Saturday. I was standing in the center of the field in the biggest stadium in Mexico in front of at least 100,000 people. (Probably way more but thats just to be safe). Well I received revelation that I think I need to be playing soccer right now instead of being here!

O.K not really!!!! It was the coolest feeling ever being a missionary and having over 100,000 people in the stadium cheering for me. This is so what I´m suppose to be doing right now. So much better than playing soccer in front of that many people because I`m here doing what the Lord wants me to do. Oh man, I Love this work!

So the reason I was standing in the middle of the field in the biggest stadium in Mexico! Well they rededicated the temple in Mexico yesterday which was the coolest thing ever! They put on a cultural event to celebrate the reopening of the temple and it was held in the Estadio Azteca! Huge staduim! The Prophet and his sidekick Elder Eyring were there also. It was so cool! The wards put together a bunch of cultural dances and then I knew we were going to have to do something but I didn´t know what. The dances were related to the history of the country and they intertwined the gospel with it. So it was cool! Then all of the sudden like half way through the missionaries started leaving and I was like what the heck that's dumb we can´t even watch the whole thing! But come to realize we were the grand finale of the whole show! We walked out onto the pitch singing "Called to Serve" and all the members and the Prophet were waving their white paƱuelos in the air! Oh, The Coolest Experience Ever!!!!

That was awesome. And can I tell you our Prophet and Pres. Eyring are so amazing! They truly are inspired men of God!

Well I got my new companion. Elder Francis is his name and he`s tight. I can already see that we are going to have a lot of success because he wants to work hard. I´m excited! It was sad seeing Elder Romney leave though! But its cool. So yeah my week for ya`ll!

Love you!

Elder Hunter

1 comment:

kordy girl said...

i really think my heart stopped beating when i read the "i think i am supposed to be playing soccer" part...... WOAH!! hahaha Glad you realize what's right Tenn.