Monday, April 6, 2009

March 23, 2009

Family,

Well, sounds like the weather is still Utah weather back home! (I told him it was snowing.) Here in Mexico the weather never changes, it's always exactly the same every single day. Sunny but not too hot! haha. It's perfect! (Rub it in.) My companion is doing a lot better now! We're going to be together for at least another six weeks which is so great! Oh also, I'm not super sure about this but I think my new zone leader is Elder Romney my trainer or 'dad' is you would say in missionary terms but I hope he is, that would be so sweet!

WE got two investigators to church on Sunday. Well really they just went on their own. WE had stake conference and well my companion ni yo knew where the stake center was so we kind of got lost but ended up finding it! After the service we had a baptism of Hna Juana. Yeah, I actually got to get wet again. haha I had the wonderful opportunity of baptizing her!

It was really cool because we baptized her daughter about 3 weeks ago and now her so it was really cool! Chilango is the way people speak Spanish in Distrito Federal and well por aca tambien! Wow sorry some things are just so much easier for me to say in Spanish because that's all I speak 24/7 and its awesome! Yeah! My Spanish is doing great now! I can converse with people really easy and don't have to translate in my head! It's awesome! I'm also learning words that I probably shouldn't be learning from our cholo friends that are always drunk. It's sad to see, but oh man they are hilarious!

Well if you are wondering the importance of studying the scriptures here is a scripture that should pop you up on your toes and make you want to study D&C 131:6 Yeah I think it states it pretty clear the importance of knowing the gospel!

We knocked doors all day Tuesday and Wednesday and yeah didn't find anyone which was kind of discouraging because here it's pretty easy to find people but there are those days when it is hard! On Thursday we found a family and Friday also so it was way sweet! We'll see what happens. I'm pretty sure that they will go to church this Sunday, but we'll find out when Sunday comes!

Well that stinks for B-rice (He got his wisdom teeth out) but hey, at least it only happens once in your lifetime. I'm guessing he probably can't move his mouth and it is very frustrating I'm sure! haha! Well B-rice take it easy and freak write me once in a while.

Love you guys!

ELder Tennison Hunter

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

that's a great baptism photo. love the smiles.
elder romney? i've heard of him!
sorry about the snow, although i think it was like almost 90 degrees here today, which is a little too hot a little too soon!