Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 13, 2009

Some Pictures. . . Finally . . . Overlooking our area. . .

Waiting in the Rain



My companion and I on top of a cerro. .


A monkey of one of my investigators



The Zone - - Valle Dorado



Corn on the Cob - - Remember Nacho Libre
Family,

Sounds like it's been really interesting and exciting back at home. I love hearing of how well all of you guys are doing .

Crazy that Nick is already home! I really cant believe it!

To answer your question about helping with missionary work, we can help people to understand the importance of the gospel! For example, the Book of Mormon its the keystone of our religion! If someone takes that book reads it with intent and prays about it, they will have the desire to join the church. I dont have a doubt about it! That's really the key to the success of all the baptisms I've had. I have had the baptisms because of that book! Something that I have noticed here in the mission field is that members like to give us references without preparing the people to listen to us. We are all great at knocking doors and talking to random people, but if a member has a friend that is prepared to listen to us it is a lot easier and they actually let us in their house to talk! haha Also don't be afraid to ask the Lord what you should do! He will help you know the things to do to help the people that really need the gospel! Interesting fact that we recieved from President- - The Salt Lake City South Mission is baptizing 200 people a month. That is more than our mission right now. A lot of times we think - - Oh, in Utah everyone is already a member. Obviously that's not true! That really surprised me when I heard how much they are baptizing!

Anyways, I'm doing great! We had a baptism yesterday which was awesome! It's an old lady named Juana Mariano Robles. She is so cute! she absolutely loves when we go and visit her and always prepares fruit or something small to eat. It's sweet! She was totally prepared to hear the gospel! She told us that she saw us knocking doors and so she ran to the store and returned quickly to her house because she wanted to listen to what we had to say. Well we taught her lesson one and she liked it, so we made an appointement for the next day. We returned and she was like, I don't think I really want to listen anymore. We convinced her to let us in and cleared up the doubts she had. Three weeks later she was baptized! It was great! She even fasted for her baptism without anyone telling her too! Oh and she already pays her tithing! It was awesome.


We've also got some other really cool investigators that we are teaching that we think will be getting baptized in about a month or so. Really we are having tons of success! I love it! I think that I finally increased my faith and now we are doing good! Still having a nice little test of patience but its going good!
Our bishop and his wife are awesome! She washes and irons our clothes and even took my suit to get drycleaned the other day and wouldnt let me pay!. They are so freaking awesome!

I love you guys and thanks for everything! Take care!

Elder Hunter

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

my favorite part of this letter (besides pictures which are always awesome) is the bishop's wife! bless her heart.