Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 6, 2009

Family,

I got the pictues and it looks like everyone is just growing up. It's so crazy! That is awesome that the family got together for the Fourth of July parade. It is crazy that I've been on the mission for 2 Fourth of July's already. I really can't believe it!

Nick is coming home tomorrow. I remember when he left. I thought that day would never come, but it looks like it's here! That's so crazy! Please tell him "Hi" for me and that I miss him!

That's so cool that Beau got his patriarchal blessing. I'm sure that there are tons of great things just waiting for him in this life. He really looks like he is doing great. I absolutely loved the fotos of you guys.

So the mission. I'd have to say right now I'm learning a lot things about the gospel and how to make people do what you want them to do and most of all lots of patience! haha I don't know why but this companion uses a lot more of my patience than my other companions, but it's all good! Something I like about him is - - he is really good at helping to explain things if I can't explain them very well!

Oh also, I think this week I'm going to have a baptism finally! Hopefully I will be able to get back on a roll again. I've just been in a drought lately and it really just makes things hard! We had zone conference this week and pretty much president told us that we aren't working and that we need to do more than we are doing. He made us feel pretty bad but then gave us the confidence and hope that we can do it! It was really a great experience!

Oh and yesterday, well, first I'm tired of having wards that just dont help much when it comes to missionary work here. It's not like Utah where everyone is a member so we took a box of Book of Mormons to church and got everyone all excited. We told them to take a Book of Mormon and write their testimony in it and give it to one of their friends. There were some people who even asked for more than one which was awesome! So basically we gave away 40 Books of Mormon in ten minutes. Now the question is if they will get into the hands of investigators so we can go and teach, but it was a great experience! I think I'm going to do it more often. The mission is great and I'm loving it and love doing new things and meeting new people!
I love you guys! Take care and haz lo justo!

Elder Hunter

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

my favorite part of this letter is the fact that although his patience is being tried (companion-wise), he found something good to say about him.

i appreciate that "glass half full" attitude!