Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January 18, 2010

Fam,

My companion is awesome! We worked super hard this week and were able to find 20 new investigators and of those 20 we took 5 of them to church for the first time! It was awesome! As far as the district goes, it looks like I will be leaving my companion in the area to work while I go and help some of the other Elders in my district. They just don't seem to have the animo that my companion and I have about missionary work so I'm going to see if I can help them out a bit! Oh yeah, and I still haven't heard from Elder Cozzens, but I'm sure he is doing good! Really it was awesome having him as a companion because I really got to see a lot of improvement in him which was great! We also had two baptisms and two confirmations this week, which was awesome! It was of Arturo and his wife! They really were so excited and asked me to give them a blessing afterward also. It was really a neat experience! Three months of hard work with them, but now they are super excited and well there are lots of people who want to give them callings so it is way cool!

Also this week I received a call from Elder Christensen who is also from my generation and is right now the district leader in my first area. He told me that he had found a family that I was teaching in Valle Dorado and that they asked him about me and said that they loved me (but to be honest I really don't remember them) but it really made me feel good because I felt like I had no success in that area and worked my behind off but well looks like I planted a seed and so they should be getting baptized in about a month. Yeah! WEll love you guys take care!

Elder HUNTER

2 comments:

•stephanie• said...

i seriously hope i get to meet "eldertenni" one day.
i think he sounds amazing.
so hard working and dedicated.
i know he's been an influence for good on so many - including my son!
thanks.
by the way - if you really meant it - the date is sunday 18 april.

~vickie~ said...

I keep peeking at this blog to see if Elder Hunter ever made it out of the bus station on transfer day. Glad he did.
I'm also soooo happy for Arturo (sp?) and his family & all the people who will learn the gospel from Elder Hunter.
Thank you again for everything you all did for Elder Cozzens. He is so positive and happy now. Big change from 6 weeks+ back.
(Julie, if you ever get any pictures of the front of their home would you please forward to me? Chase actually left Sunday night and didn't get a chance to take a picture.)