Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 25, 2010

Family,

Once again it is nice to hear that everyone is doing good! I'm doing awesome. I'm honestly being so blessed in this area. I'm sure it has a little to do with fasting praying and well most importantly working! we just seem to do good. This week we brought 12 people to church 4 for the first time, had one baptism, and well the most amazing thing of all was that I was able to give Arturo the priesthood. It was the first time I have ever done it. It was kind of a funny event. We were in priesthood and they anounced Arturo and told him to come to the front. I was sitting right behind him with an investigador and he turns to me and says I want you to do it. I was like of course I'll do it (having no idea what to do, haha) anyways, the first counselor had a card that had the things I needed to say and well come to find out, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. It was really a neat experience! I loved it! Well, really the mission is awesome. I'm absolutely loving it. Oh, so about my coming home date (not that I'm really thinking about it a lot wink. . wink . . ) but the calendar says June 28th, I believe that's the date you can plan on.

About the pictures. . . it's just super hard to find a place that has something to accept my memory card to fit it into a computer, but I was thinking about doing it with my companions camera. Also we played soccer on friday with the jovenes of the ward and well destroyed a pair of my shairs. oops. Dont worry I´ve still got what I need to finish. If worst comes to worse I'll just use the indoor soccer shoes I bought before coming. I mean they are black and more comfortable haha.

About the card and letter, well tomorrow we have zone conference and so I should be getting them tomorrow. At least I hope. Elder Cozzens told me that I have a package and a bunch of letters so I assume that is what those are.

Well love you guys take care!

Elder Tennison Hunter

2 comments:

•stephanie• said...

i'm not sure how it's possible to like someone - someone i've never met! - so much.
i love the way elder hunter realizes the reasons things are going so well for him - prayer, fasting and hard WORK!
what amazing life skills.
i think he's wonderful, and i understand why drew feels the way he does!
5 months and 1 day to go!

~vickie~ said...

Wow! You have a release date. I put it on my calendar and I'm sure it is in BIG BOLD LETTERS on your calendars.

I'm glad the counselor had a card to help in ordaining Arturo to the priesthood. When my dad was in the BYU mission presidency, he made little card for all the young men with outlines or prompts for all the different blessings. Chase has been grateful that Grandpa also game him a card . . . just needs to translate into Spanish.
It sounds like they keep in touch if Elder Cozzens told Elder Hunter he as package & mail. I'm glad.
Tomorrow I am sending a Birthday package for Chase's 20th Birthday.