Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4, 2010

Familia,

Wow, sounds like you guys have had a busy week! Well, for New Years, I went to bed early! They told us we had to be in our house by 8 and being that I was exhausted, well I decided I would make the best use out of it. But this week was really a slow week because everyone was out of town so no one was home and on New Years day everyone was still asleep at two in the afternoon. It was a really hard day for working.

Well funny story. . . so we went to pick up some investigators to go to church on Sunday morning and it was raining and me, not thinking, didn't bring an umbrella. When we got to our investigators house and we were knocking . . . all of the sudden my companion gets bit by a goose! haha! (Sorry, I don't think I would have thought is was funny at first.) Oh man it really was hilarious. I did feel kind of bad . . . but really . . . . a goose? Poor guy, he was really angry right after but it makes for a good story so he lightened up and started to joke about it!

Oh yeah, don't know if you remember arturo an investigator that I found like 2 months ago . . well he is going to get baptized not this Saturday but the next. . so that will be a really good experience and tomorrow they are going to make us pancakes for breakfast. I'm so excited! oh yeah, I haven't gotten the letter from grandma yet, but when I get it I will let you know! Well take care I love you guys!

Elder Hunter

5 comments:

•stephanie• said...

Drew had plenty to say today about his feelings toward holiday celebrations in Mexico.
Let's just say he's about had it!
Also, I didn't know geese bite.

~vickie~ said...

Ha Ha, now Elder Cozzens is the running joke of the Zone. He was chased by a goose in the rain and bit on the foot to the point of bleeding. I should feel sorry for him, but it really is hilarious. By Monday's email, HE thought it was pretty funny too. I told him he should cook that goose for the Wisemen on Wednesday. He didn't think the people they were bringing to church would appreciate that.

~vickie~ said...

Julie, I got some pictures from Elder Hunter's and Elder Cozzens' hike a few Pdays ago. I am trying to get a blog up for Chase, but until then, would you like me to email you some pictures?

Tyla Hunter said...

Vickie,

Vickie, First, I love your sense of humor with the goose. . . . I would love it if you e-mailed the pictures. I don't know what happened to Elder Hunter's camera because it seems that he relies on other elders to send pictures to him and then he forwards them to me occassionally, so a picture is a real treat!

Thanks!

~vickie~ said...

Julie, check your email. I sent you a PDF file with pics & info. I'll send more when I'm not so sleepy (yawn).