Monday, September 15, 2008

September 15, 2008

RAIN!!

Family,

Wow it sounds like you have had quite the week this week! That's awesome that Beau is eligible to play! I´m sure that he is working hard to be good! They better take state! I´ll take it that B-Rice is working like an animal if he was player of the game and wasn´t even suppose to play! Crazy child! But that's awesome, make sure he stays focused. I know he will be amazing! How's McKay and Tyla doing!? I´m sure they are doing great!

I received dads letter on Friday. It was awesome! I also got one from Hayley so it was cool! I could actually understand everything that dad had written in Spanish which was way sweet!
If you want to send a package, send them down to Texas and they drive them here from there! I think you just do it through the normal post office but here's the address:

Care Package Express
2149 Del Rio HWY #102
Eagle Pass TX 78852

I think they´ll ask or you tell them which mission it's going to and they send it there! But I would really appreciate any type of cookies that you would like to send me! Cookies are great here but I hate wasting money on buying snacks!

It has been raining a ton aqui. I should have brought a jacket but since its not cold, it really isn´t that bad. Yeah, I could go and buy one, but soccer jerseys are so much more interesting and worth the money! Ha ha! This week we actually traveled to the actual city which we call DF and got legalized to be here. Also, when we were there, I was able to eat Burger King which was awesome!!! But I have to say the Burgers that the Members make us are so much better than any burgers I have ever eaten. Maybe it's because I haven´t eaten one in so long. They put like ham on the burgers and this great cheese! It's my favorite!

We only wear our suits on Sundays to church and to zone conferences. It is such a pain to wear because it's so dirty and rains all the time right now. So yeah just a pain! I think I´m buying another suit soon. I forgot the brand but its some fake really expensive brand thats gonna be sweet!

You're probably thinking that I´m on a mission, but not telling any mission stories . . . well, we are teaching this lady named Teresa and she is so awesome! We taught her the plan of salvation on Saturday and everyone ended up crying in the lesson but me! Probably, because I didn´t understand a whole lot of what everyone was saying, but I could definitely feel the spirit there! She went out of town for the weekend but came back to go to church for an hour! She is so awesome! I think we are going to baptize her on Sunday! It's going to be awesome!

We have this other investigator who is pretty cool. He found us on the street one night and was trying to speak English. We just started talking to him in Spanish and he was way surprised. He told us he wanted to find god and because he was speaking in English we did not think he was being serious. But then on Friday he saw us on the street, stopped his car, and ran over to us to seen when we could meet with him. When we met with him, he had his bible out on the table and was totally ready for us to teach him. He´s awesome! The only hard thing is that he works like all the time so it's hard to find a time when we can teach him. Pretty much of the rest of the week has been lots of knocking doors. My companion still makes fun of me for my door approaches, but they are getting much better. I still can´t say everything I want to say but I can understand tons already! Its great!

Well the streets are paved but there is just lots of dirt everywhere, so the streets might as well be dirt roads. Ha ha! We eat with members ever day for what they call la comida which means the food we eat at about two o'clock everyday. It's about the only real meal we eat because we don´t get time for dinner. La comida usually consists of a soup then a main dish then a gelatina afterwards. The worst thing I´ve eaten so far is mole which is . . . I don´t really know what it is it's like a no tasting sauce on chicken with rice. If the chicken is really dry it just makes for a gross meal but I eat it anyways to be polite. Eat it with a smile that is! Ha ha!


Love you all! Until next time!

Con mucho amor!

Elder Hunter

3 comments:

M&M in Japan said...

Hi,
I have a few questions:
What is the plan of salvation to you? Why do you like the book of Mormon better than the Bible?
Just wondering.

•stephanie• said...

mole doesn't sound so swell to me either.

oh, the things they are learning!

M&M in Japan said...

Thank you for the comment you (your aunt or uncle?) left on my blog. If you would like to continue that conversation, I would be happy to do that here.

Here are two more questions for you: Have any cities listed in the Book of Mormon ever been found? Also, have any ancient copies of the Book of Mormon scriptures been found?