Sunday, September 14, 2008

September 8, 2008 -

Well the food hear is great! Don´t worry mom, I´m doing my best to stay away from anything that I think will make me sick. But it really is great. I love it spicy!

So I am living in Santa Teresa. It's just totally houses so its really easy during the week to work. It's awesome. To get the internet we come to an internet cafe which is right behind our house. Its great. So, from what I have heard about letters and packages. . . I only receive them once every transfer during our zone conference. Which means every six weeks (I believe), and that's only when I can send letters also. I heard you can send packages through the address that they have in the packet. So don´t really expect letters from me except for once every six weeks or so, but that's why we get to email.

So anyways this week was good. We did a lot of knocking doors and my companion totally makes fun of my spanish because I'm not the best yet but I´m improving. It's funny because I usually notice when I say something wrong or in a terrible accent. Oh yeah, my companion is way funny, he's not a complainer which I really like.

I´m starting to be able to understand a lot more in spanish but still can´t say a whole lot which can be difficult at times, but I´m rapidly improving. We met this lady this week and got her to come to church with us it was awesome! She has a daughter that turns eight in October and she totally reminds me of Tyla. She´s so cute! I think that they would make good friends. We also found this family on Friday that was way sweet! We thought they were going to go to church with us but they didn´t. It was disappointing but I think they will this week.

I really wish you could see what it is like down here. It's so crazy. . . but awesome. When we were flying into the city you honestly could not see the end of it we flew over it for like thirty or forty minutes before we actually landed. I took some pictures out of the window of the plane. I´ll send some to you either when my card gets full or next week just depends on how long it takes to upload.

Con Amor,

Tenni

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

I love the title of this blog. Mind you, I had to go to iGoogle to translate it, but I love it!

I'm also very thankful to have another way to keep tabs on our boys.

Thanks for doing this!