Monday, September 22, 2008

September 22, 2008


Family,

I know that you really want pictures and I really want to send you some. My companion
sends pictures and it takes almost the whole time to send them, so I´m not sure if I will be able to but I´m going out hunting for a cord today so I will be able to send some to you because I really want to!

(Elder Hunter doesn't know, but Elder Romney's mom was kind enough to share a few with us.)

Here's a sneak peek!

Bishop, Verbica, Hunter

Romney




This second picture is Teresa with her son Eduardo and her daughter who will be 8 in two weeks! What an adorable family. (Further explanation below.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Elder Hunter's e-mail cont.)

I asked Elder Grow if he remembered Grandpa Jensen and he said he remembered the name and told me to tell him "Hi!" He is a great man!


President Nancollas asked me in our interview how your job was going mom. I told him great! I´m assuming thats how it's been so hopefully I wasn´t lying! Oops. President is awesome he absolutely loves my companion and I for some reason. He gave both of us the permission to break the rules and e-mail his son to try and get him to come on a mission. It's sweet!

This week was great! I had the opportunity to baptize Teresa and it was so cool! The water was freezing because we had to fill the font up with the hose because the other water system was out of water. She is great! It was so exciting! Also, we were searching for a reference one day and this guy came up to us and asked if we were looking for him. We asked who he was and it wasn´t who we were looking for but he said that he was lacking something spiritual in his life which was perfect! So we have been teaching him and he came to church with us this week which was great! Also, this other family came and we are going to try and get them baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. The father's name is Arturo. Arturo and his daughters, Estrella 13; Karen 11; and little girl who is like two seem really interested. The mom, Reina, kind of worries us but I think she´ll come through also. President Nancollas is having a leadership meeting tomorrow and he invited my companion and I to go. It is going to be sweet!

That is all for this week!

Con amor

Elder Hunter

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

Now I understand why Drew let Elder Hunter do the baptism. Something about freezing cold water . . .