Monday, September 29, 2008

September 29, 2008

Family and Friends,

I´m so glad to hear that you are all doing so great! Remember to stay focused on what is really important in life! More importantly make sure you know what is most important in life!

On Mexican Independence Day - Well, I´m in a really small town and yes, we had to be in our apartment by 6 on Mexican Independence day. Lots of people had fireworks, well actually they were more like loud bombs. It wasn´t like huge celebration where I am at. I´m sure in a bigger city it was.


This week I felt really inspired that I needed to tell Beau to work on getting his patriarchal blessing. It's something that will have great power and give him much guidance in his life. It's funny I´ve already seen many things start to come to pass that are in my blessing its so amazing I absolutely love it.


Once I get into a big city I might be able to find a cord for my camera, but until then I won't be able to send pictures, but don't worry about it mom its not that big of a deal. If possible, please ask for pictures from my companions' mom for now and I´ll find a way to work things out with pictures.

We went to D.F. this week which was sweet. I got to eat more Burger King which was awesome! In pesos its way expensive but comes out to be what would be normal in the U.S. I think it was like 60 pesos which is only 6 bucks but 60 pesos can get me a long way here in Mexico.

There was a meeting with President Nancollas which was sweet! It was for the future leaders of the mission. It sounds like he is really depending on our generation of missionaries to basically lead the mission because other missionaries are lazy or just don´t like to follow the rules. President Nancollas is such an awesome man. President and Elder Holland are like good friends! Who Knew!!!

So this week was great. We didn´t knock on a lot of doors, but we did teach a lot of lessons. WE have this one family that was going to get baptized on Sunday but during their interviews we found out that the parents aren´t married, so we´re working on getting them married right now, which is a fun experience! Hopefully they will be ready to go the week after conference. Also we are teaching this family, well its a husband, wife, and a niño and they are so ready but we havén´t been able to get them to church because he has to work every other Sunday and things have come up that haven't permitted them to go. But they love talking with us. Its funny how fast people start to hear rumors about the church once someone starts investigating. I think that this guy has heard every rumor there is about our church but he just knows its true and doesn´t listen to them. It's such a sweet experience! Well I just want to tell you that every day my testimony is growing stronger and stronger. I would suggest that you read the Book of Mormon daily if you can it really is so amazing! It contains answers for just about everything in life!


Con Mucho Amor

Elder Tenni

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

don't worry. we've got the picture thing covered! sorry i didn't get any this week. glad to hear burger king treated elder hunter better than domino's pizza treated elder romney!