Monday, October 6, 2008

¿Conferencia General?

Well, do you want to hear a miracle? I haven´t had a single bloody nose since I´ve been here. (A little background from Mom - -Elder Hunter was getting bloody noses about once a week at home), and well, my allergies, all I have to say is that it's a bit chilly in the morning and nights but I have medication, so mom don´t worry. About a jacket- - I think it would be easier for both of us if i just buy stuff here, it would probably be way cheaper and way less of a hassle for you.

My companion and I are moving out which I´m so excited for. We decided we are moving out today no matter what, which means that we might have to take cold showers for a while! ahhh Oh well, it's not really anything new!

On General Conference - - We totally got to watch every session! But guess what? Only in Spanish. I didn´t understand a whole lot but some of it I did! For the Sunday morning session they had a little T.V. for the missionaries with English subtitles so I liked that, but it's hard to read straight from a T.V. for two hours straight! If you haven´t tried it I highly encourage it! It is quite the challenge! (Ha Ha) I think my favorite part was being able to sing songs in English when everyone else was singing in Spanish. They all loved it! (The Members) Oh yeah and if you didn´t know WE have to go to the stake center to watch every session which is like forty minutes from our house. We don´t have the luxury of sitting on our couch in the living room with a RootBeer or something and watching conference!
Man do I miss that! But I really did enjoy it!

A mis Hermanos: Este es por Elder Dallin H Oaks Él dijo algo así: No usan sus celulares durante el reunion sacramental. Este es un tiempo preparar para tomar La Santa Cena. (Dad, I hope that makes sense, my sentence structure still isn´t the best in Spanish but its definitely improving a lot.)

I would encourage Beau, B-rice and Mckay not to use their cell phones until at least after they have taken the sacrament. I would say all of sacrament meeting but I don´t know if that is possible for B-rice. (Ha Ha).

O. K., so we are teaching the coolest family ever! His name is Ulyses and has a wife, two daughters, and a son. I love going over to teach them and they love when we come over! They always get on nice clothes when they know we are coming over and just get all ready. It's awesome they even dressed up for church! This is a family that really has nothing but to see them trying so hard it's just amazing! He is a security guard and used to be a police officer. He told us that he wants to get baptized and endure all the way to the end!!! I was thinking dude that is totally my purpose as a missionary- - your not even going to make me work. It's so awesome! People really are just ready for the gospel here in Mexico!

So my Spanish is coming along quite well. I think if I was stranded in Mexico (not saying I want to be) but if I was, I could get my way around now! I can actually speak with people, but still it's really hard to understand everything they are saying. But, hey, I´m doing great compared to when I had first arrived here!

Today was cambios (changes) but my companion and I are still the same! WEll he is actually District Leader now but we're still companions! He is awesome! He really loves to put me into situations where he can´t really help me (with Spanish) and make me figure it out on my own! I love it! It has really helped me a ton! I think that's why I´m getting so much better now!
I love it here! I´m glad to hear everyone at home is doing awesome! Tell BEAU He Has To E-Mail me. Oh and tell B-Rice he won´t even be a challenge for me when I get home. I get to work out every morning its awesome!

¡Los Amo!

un Abrazo

con Amor,

Elder Hunter

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

This line made me laugh out loud: "I think if I was stranded in Mexico (not saying I want to be) . . ."

Smart boy!

I pray every day for these boys of ours. I'm so thankful for the great things they are doing.