Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October 13, 2008

Familia,

That's so great to hear that everyone is doing so awesome! Tell Beau that I know it really sucks pushing carts sometimes but he has no idea how much it will help him when he gets out in the mission field! One thing I have learned from home is how to work! I want to tell Dad thanks for that, it's definitely an advantage I have here.

That's so cool to hear that Chance got Baptized! I´m so excited for him! Tell him Congratulations! That is such an important step in life. He probably doesn´t realize how important it is but one of these days he will.

This week has been great. My companion decided that we were going to start knocking doors separately so we can cover more area faster. It's really fun, but kind of difficult at times. The best is when I say something and the person just looks at me with a weird look. That's when I know I didn´t say something right! Well going along with that, I still am no where near fluent but I understand so much when people are talking. I can have a conversation with people. It really is so cool!

My companion and I finally moved into our new casa and this is what the secretaries brought us: We have a fridge that is locked because they forgot to unlock it after bringing it to us, WE have an iron that if you put water in it, it spits out rust (luckily i didn´t have to experience that), and a sandwich maker that doesn´t work. But we do have desks with chairs so we can study and mattresses without frames. So yeah, we´ve been bugging the secretaries a lot this week trying to get them over and get the rest of our stuff. Oh and also we had a gas tank and a boiler but nothing to connect them. But thank goodness to our wonderful convert Teresa, her husband came over last night and got it all hooked up so this morning we actually got to shower with hot water!!!! Oh man you don´t know how much I love hot water showers!!! He is an awesome guy! I hope we can get him baptized before I get transfered. That would be awesome!!! Oh and the weather here is perfect! My companion complains about it being too cold! (Note from mom: Tennison's companion is from Mesa, AZ and Tennison is warm blooded so it may not be too warm.) But really it has been great weather here!

Oh yeah i saw at one of the banks yesterday that you can exchange one dollar for 13 pesos now its sweet! oh also my companion and i didn´t spend near as much as we thought we were going to it´ll probably be around sixty but thats cause i bought some mouth wash and a case for my camera today also.

Oh also we have this one investigador who is like amazing! He has the best attitude ever. He has this disease where it's like paralyzing his body so sometimes he can´t move his right leg or left arm. It's a really weird disease. But yeah when we talked to him he had the most positive attitude ever. We went to talk with him on Saturday and he was laying in bed because he couldn´t move, so we just said a prayer with him and it was awesome! WE haven´t had time to go back and visit him since. I sure hope he´s doing better!

Well I know that this church is true, and that anything anyone ever feels - - Jesus Christ has already felt it, and because of that he can help us through any problems that we will ever face in life! Always remember that!

¡Les Amo!

Con Amor

Elder Hunter

P.S. Familia, ¡Guardalo Real!

No comments: