Monday, October 20, 2008

Family,

Well I´m sorry that I don´t have as cool of a story as Chris does, but I´m sure glad to hear that he is doing well. That's so crazy!

Well I´m glad to hear that Taylor is preparing to go on a mission. It really is awesome. This week we finally got in the water. We baptized Ulyses' family of 3. We were also suppose to baptize Arturo's family but only him and one of his daughters were baptized. We are hoping to baptize his wife and his other daughter this weekend. I had the opportunity to baptize our convert Teresa's daughter Celysmar. That was cool! Basically it's been a busy weekend for us. I love our converts, they take good care of us. Teresa brought us curtains because we didn´t have any. She also comes over like every night to make sure we have eaten dinner because we don´t have a fridge or a stove. Arturo´s wife, Reyna has given us dinner twice this week. She probably makes the best food I have eaten down here. She sells hamburgers at night and gave my companion and I each one. They are called Hawaillana hamburgesa´s its basically a normal hamburger patty, piña (pineapple), ham and put on tomatos, onions and well if you think you can handle the heat throw on some jalepeños! Let me tell you those chiles are nothing compared to some of the things we´ve eaten. Oh and you can´t forget the cheese, catsup and mayo or whatever. Oh they are soooo good!
My companion and I had the chance to be marriage counselors. Ha Ha! Yeah 19 yr olds who know nothing about marriage. This family that we are teaching, the dad saw us in the street and said that he is missing something spiritual in life. We started teaching him and he goes to church every Sunday and wants to get baptized, but he´s not married so we told him he has to get married. So him and his wife each wanted to talk to us and hear our advice for them. It was sweet. It's amazing how much people really look up to us and just want to hear our advice on things. I think the people here recognize something different about us and know that what we have to say will really help them in their lives. I Love missionary work its so great!

¡Los Amo!

Con mucho amor

Elder Hunter

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

i read chris' story and debated whether or not to tell my son. i didn't, but i'm sure i would have had they been friends. so scary.

on a happier note, i loved hearing of their success this week and look forward to hearing of their adventures in the big city next week.