Monday, November 23, 2009

November 16, 2009

Hey family,

Well sounds like everyone is doing wonderful at home which makes me glad to hear! I'm also glad that you are all deciding to eat a little bit more healthy that is always a good choice! By the way, I have really grown to love fresh mangos here they are delicious! (Usually messy, but delicious!)

Well, I have to say this week was a really hard week. All of our appointments fell which was horrible and we weren't able to take anyone to church, which was also hard on me, but it's cool, not every week can be a succesful one. My companion is having a hard time, but he is now saying that he kind of likes the place we are in and everything, so it looks like he is kind of changing his mind set. It really seems like he is going through a stage that I went through at about seven months in the mission, which is kind of funny, but I can't tell him that or it makes him mad. haha We get along great so that makes it nice!

This week we are going to have a baptism of a guy named Antonio, who well, when we contacted him he was like. . . Well I'm studying with the Jehovah Witnesses so come back in three weeks. Well we went back in three weeks like he had said and he basically told us no, but well, I was like just let us share a quick message with you like ten minutes thats it. So he let us in and liked the message and well the next thing you know he has his baptism date and everything its really cool! I love the mission!

Oh yeah, this week I got to interview an ex gang member for a baptism which was a sweet experience. He lived in Phoenix, AZ and got deported. The missionaries found him here and started teaching him, but the coolest part is that he really wants to turn his life around. We had a nice talk, it was awesome! Oh ya, I also did the interview mostly in english because he knows english better that was really cool also!

Well I love you guys! Keep up the good work with home and visiting teaching really I have seen how much it really helps from being here in the mission!

Elder Tennison Hunter

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

Glad Phoenix AZ could help by sending Antonio back so Elders Hunter and Cozzens can baptize him!