Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hola Familia,

This week has been good! A little different! As you know, now I have a new companion who is mexican, his name is Elder Martinez and he is from Guadalajara. I'm kind of surprised because he's actually obedient and works really hard which I like! He just works a little different than all of my other companions but he has already taught me a lot in this week. He is also a little different because he was like a gothic before the mission so it kind of puts a little twist on things, but he always has jokes so its cool! He has 20 months in the mission so lots of experience, which provides to me a great opportunity for learning!

Well, I'm glad to hear that you guys have been pretty relaxed (at least that's what Beau tells me). I'm glad my friends still come and visit you. I'm sure you enjoy it Mom! You should tell people to send me pictures so that I can have some cool things to show my companions. Like through the Mail Mail. I mean I like them through E-mail but I cant really look at them like I would like too.

Oh, so this family that we found, well i should say that the dad found us when he was drunk! Well they went to church this Sunday and they didn't really like it. They are going to this church that is called Pare de sufrir which lots of people are starting to go to. But, I think they will come through, we are still working with them and we'll see what happens! Also, we are working with this family that Elder Francis and I found. They live in a part of our area called La CaƱada which is a lot like the area of where dad grew up. Anyways, it's kind of funny because its like seven girls. But they are totally down for going to church and they always read and pray when we ask them to, so it's sweet! I think we are going to baptize the Grandma Angela this week and probably the rest next week. So that will be really cool!

But, yeah, other than that we've just been knocking doors all week and my companion makes me contact almost everyone on the street, so I'm starting to get good at that also! He's always got a lot of ideas on how to contact people! So it's cool!

I went shoe shopping today but all the shoe stores are like shoes that are dirt cheap and aren't any quality at all, so I think that I might have to travel a little ways or wait until the end of this transfer to see if I get transfered anywhere! But the ones I have will do for now, I just don't want them to get too worn out! Oh yeah, for New Years I celebrated by going to bed early because we had to be in the house by eight! I was super exhausted!

Well I love you guys!

Love, Elder Tennison Hunter

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

i guess i'll have to live the mexico city north mission experience through elder hunter's letter this week. still no word from our son. but it's great to hear that yours is doing well. sounds like his native comp is a much better worker than drew's was.