Monday, December 29, 2008

Hola Familia,

First, I want to give thanks to everyone for their support and encouragement that they give me. I am so grateful to have family and friends. What would I do without them?

Well, My first Christmas here in Mexico! It was awesome! Christmas Eve my companion and I bought cohetes (fireworks) and because we had to be in the house by 8, we decided that part of the house was the roof also so we went up on the roof and decided to throw our fireworks from there. That was such a fun experience! (Note from Mom: Hopefully they were safe, I guess nothing burned down) I absolutely loved it!


On Christmas day we had a devotional with our bishop's family and that is where I ate my first chicken foot!


Above: Elder Hunter with Bishop

Above: Tennison with the chicken foot (EEK!)

They really aren't that bad! Then we worked like usual until it was time for my family to call. Oh man the time went by like ten seconds! (Note from Mom: It was actually one hour). It was way too short but it was an awesome time talking with them. The Hermana in whose house we were talking said it was so cute because I was just smiling so big while talking to the fam! It was great!

Well I have a new companion. I still haven't met him. I'm still waiting here at the bus station for him to arrive! yeah por fin I'm going to have a Mexican companion so I'm finally going to learn spanish!!!!!! (haha)

Tyla, I have a favor. I was wondering if you want to be my pen pal and write me every month and let me know how everyone in the family is doing!? Let me know if you are down with that!




Love you guys a ton!
Cuidense mucho

Elder Hunter

Below are some pictures of Elder Hunter at the branch Christmas Party


Picture of Elder Hunter helping friends flip hamburgers.

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

i'm looking forward to hearing how the whole mexican companion thing goes.
drew was excited for a change this week.
chicken foot? - it's a fun dominos game.
there are plenty of other good parts of the chicken to eat.