Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June 8, 2009

Fam,

Well, it sounds like everyone is doing wonderful at home. I´m glad to hear that Beau is starting to learn what it feels like to be the mom. It's a great experience to grow! haha! Well, I´m still here in Tepo, but we had interviews this last week with president and I just love him he is awesome. He told me that I will be leaving this change but to where I´m not sure.

I'm loving the mission. We really don't have a ton of investigators but the ones we are teaching are this old couple that I believe we are going to baptize this Sunday before I go! They can't read and the man can't see and they can't hardly remember anything, so it's really difficult teaching them. They really love going to church which is awesome!

Oh my comp is named Elder Barcenas and he is from Guadalajara (my second companion from there). It sounds like a cool place and I would like to go and visit it some day, I think it would be sweet!! He is going to be ending the mission in about a month and a half and really doesn't want to work much, so it's been kind of hard for me, but I keep working and pulling him a long even though it's a bit tough at times!

Oh yeah, Hna Juana got a calling and is now going to be serving as the second counselor in the relief society presidency, which is sweet! I believe that is the second convert that I have with that calling. It's so awesome it really makes me super happy! She really is just one of my favorites. She´s like my mom in this area. Oh, so, I found a scripture that totally talks abuot me it's in 2 Nephi 30:3-5. You guys should read it, but it talks about the Book of Mormon and how it would be carried to this nation to tell them that their ancesters came from Jeruselum (somehting like that), but it's cool!

I also recieved a pakage from Hays this week that had letters from her fam and some candy, muddy buddies, and some cds it was great! It really made me happy! I also got a Book of Mormon in Italian this week. It's funny cause I was reading a bit of it and I can understand quite a bit. I´ve really been thinking about trying to learn Italian when I go home it would be cool! Also I recieved a birthday card from G-ma with money which was awesome! If you could tell her thank you for that i would appreciate it much! Well I believe that's everything interesting that has happened this week. You guys take care and love you lots!

Elder Hunter

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

Drew and Tennison have something in common - companions just about to go home who don't want to work much. But it sounds like change is coming for both of them next week. Let's hope it's for the better!