Monday, June 22, 2009

Hey family,

I'm doing great! Thanks so much for the package you guys sent me. I absolutely loved it! I loved all your letters. I realized that Beau didn't write me has he been super busy!? For some reason I'm kind of worried about him. Tell him he needs to send me an email before next Monday! I don't want to hear any excuses! I want to hear what he's been up to!

Well, my area is pretty sweet. Half is really rich and the other half is like my last area not too well off, but they're surviving. So really it's kind of weird here, but it's cool or I should say different. It's like 3 cerros little mountains something like, that so we are always climbing up steeep hills and stuff and it's kind of fun! My poor companion definately isn't used to it, so sometimes it just kills him! He'll get used to it!

My companion's name is Elder Cervera and he is from Veracruz Mexico. I'm not gonna lie I kind of want another gringo companion, but I'll deal with what I got and make the best of it! Before I got here, him and his companion had a TV in the house, so well, he isn't the most obedient which I just don't understand why people even come if they aren't going do what they are suppose to. I'm assuming that's why I'm his companion right now to help him with that. He has 6 months in the mission and is right about everything (or so he thinks). It kind of drives me nuts but just something to help me learn more patience. haha

We found some pretty cool investigators this last week and I think they'll get baptized here in about 3 weeks or so I hope! But yeah, it looks like I can have some success here which is what I'm hoping for.

Tyla happy birthday last week! I hope it was great! and Dad Happy fathers day yesterday, I hope you enjoyed it, and also Happy Birthday this Friday! Wow, I can't believe it. It seems like time is going by pretty quick! Well you guys all take care and have a wonderful week! I love you all!

Elder Hunter

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

I agree with Elder Hunter when he says, "I just don't understand why people even come if they aren't going do what they are suppose to. I'm assuming that's why I'm his companion right now to help him with that."

From what Drew said ("President is really worried that nobody is working and we've had to change a lot of stuff") Tennison is exactly right. I'm sure he's there to "fix" that companion! AND HE WILL! He's awesome.

Isnt' it almost his one year mark? Like this week? Wonder which tie he'll burn for hump day?