Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 3,2010

Family,

It is so cool to hear that my little brothers have all been able to advance in the priesthood! I'm sure mom felt so proud! Wow, Bryson Bryson looks like he's been doing a little bit of working out! I'm still doing my push-ups and sit ups but sure don't look like he does yet. haha

Well it stinks that Beau won't be there on Sunday, but its all good I mean I'll see him soon enough.

Well this week was great! We are working super hard and honestly I just feel super tired every single day but the Lord give me the strength to leave the house and just keep working! Well this morning we had to go and raid a house. We got there and the missionaries weren't there, so we entered and they had some things that missionaries just shouldn't have like dvds, gameboys, and stuff like that. It really makes me sad when missionaries just come on their mission to vacation. It really frustrates me! On a better note we found this guy names Jose Ricardo from the U.S. and man is he hilarious, he has a problem with swearing but he is cool. So we found him on Friday, well actually he called one of our district leaders and told them that he needed us to go to his house, so the district leader passed the information to us and we went to visit him. When we got there he called us his angels. He then started to tell us about him and how he doesn't have anything and how his wife was going to come down from the states on Sunday with his 3 week old little baby. He was really worried because he didn't have anything in his house so we told him we would try and find something that he could put his baby in. He had this sweet watch that he said he bought a while back for like $700 and he made me put it on and told me I look like a pimp with it on. haha. He wanted me to take it and sell it so I could buy him a crib or something. I told him no but we would do everything to find something. So I told the Relief Society President and she told the hermanas and they got this little cradle thing for him. Wow! The look on his face when we gave it to him. He was so grateful! So he went to church with us on Sunday and really loved it. I think he may be an ex gang member and stuff but I think he really wants to change his life around. He is so cool. We also gave him a baptismal fecha and he was like "yeah man, put me on the list." It was funny.

Leonardo is progressing really well. He always reads and prays and well should be getting baptized this week which will be awesome.

Well love you guys!

Love Elder Hunter

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

makes you wonder "what's up?" when you hear about knucklehead missionaries.

and it makes me so thankful for good ones like elder hunter!

enjoy your phone call - THE LAST ONE! - this weekend.