Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Be The Best!

Family,

Hey, I'm doing wonderful! I'm glad to hear about all of the blessings that you guys are receiving! I love hearing the stories about what is happening at home. I'm really trying super hard to just work as hard as I can everyday and not to waste any time. I've realized that I only have 10 months left and I need to use them the best that I can. (Poem I sent to Tennison)

Be The Best Of Whatever You Are
If you can't be a pine on the top of a hill
Be a scrub in the valley, but be
the best little scrub on the side of the hill
Be a bush if you can't be a tree,
If you can't be a bush be a bit of the grass
And some highway happier make.
If you can't be a muskie, then just be a bass,
But the liveliest bass in the lake.
We can't all be captains, we've got to be crew,
There's something for all of us here.
There's big work to do and there's lesser work, too,
And the thing we must do is the near
If you can't be a highway, then just be a trail.
If you can't be the sun, be a star.
It isn't by size that you win or you fail.Be the best of whatever you are.
Douglas Maloch

Just like the poem says . . . it doesn't matter what I am as long as I'm the best at it! Thanks for that Mom!

Well today we went to the offices and found out that Elder Bishop (Tennison's MTC companion)broke his foot playing basketball. Actually more like dislocated itpobrecito! (I have no idea what that word is suppose to mean.) It was nice to be able to talk to him! Also, the package that you sent me was there, so that was really cool!

Thanks so much for the package. I'm excited to try the home made jam and smoked salmon! After visiting the mission home, we went and bowled with a bunch of elders. It was sweet! Some of my favorite people were there, so it was a blast! I'm loving the mission! Thanks so much for everything! I love you guys!

Elder Hunter

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

i've always loved that wonderful poem.

pobrecito means "poor baby", i think.

if you read drew's account of the incident, elder bishop definitely deserves a "pobrecito". OUCH!!!

many reeses pieces are on the way!