Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 8, 2010

Family,

So this week was alright! The zone leader conference was sweet! I learned a ton!


This week we had a really funny experience. We were teaching this guy (Eulogio) about the word of wisdom and I told him what we can't consume. I talked about black tea and chinese tea and then asked if he consumed one of those substances and he responded "whenever I talk about the chinese I try and always say something nice and never saying anything bad about them". Oh my, it was hilarious. My companion ducked his head and just started laughing and since I was the one teaching I tried to explain, but he just didn't understand. He is kind of old like 65 or 70 so maybe that's why. Then later we were teaching him about the law of chastity and asked if he was married and he said no. So we said well we can help him so the he can get married and he said, "I dont know. She is older than me and is going to die before me. I want to choose somebody younger that way I die first." It was funny. I was thinking crazy old man it's too late for that. That's just what I thought but it really was quite hilarious!

So I was able to send some pictures. The first ones are a view from my porch and part of the inside of the house where we live.







Then some of the pictures when we went to the temple:



Teresa and Edgar



Elder Martinez, Elder Romney, Edgar, Lalo, Teresa and Celysmar, Elder Hunter






Me and Lalo




Elder Romney, Elder ?, ?, Elder Bishop and Elder Hunter


baptism we had later in the day.




Then there was a new plaza that opened up in the zone and has a wendys inside which was delicious to my companion and I!



Oh yeah, Elder Martinez ended his mission last May, I believe, and came from Gudalajara, I think it's like four or five hours in a bus (to get to the temple for Teresa and Edgar's wedding).

Well things are going alright. We haven't had tons of success. I mean tons of people here are amazing at lying it drives me nuts. I would rather someone be straight up with me and tell me what they really think. But it's cool.

Well everything is going great we have some really cool members in the ward and help us out so thats cool! Well love you guys have a great week!

Elder Hunter

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

many good things about this post:

1) that's probably the nicest looking missionary apartment i've seen.
2) still love all the smiling faces at the temple
3) wendy's - it's the little things!

let's hope things improve with investigators and honesty!